A641.8.3.RB_MaceRoyce
Reflecting on our strengths and weaknesses is vital in discovering our true self and where adjustments can be made in order to shape our future self. Self-reflection coupled with the realization of our hopes and dreams help to solidify the concept of the "ideal self". McKee, Boyatzis, and Johnston (2008) conclude that a personal balance sheet, utilizing a self-assessment in terms of "assets" and "liabilities", assist the resonant leader to identify distinctive strengths, potential strengths, and enduring dispositions (traits habits, and behaviors) that support the individual.
These assets guide us and provide a frame of reference for what will serve us well as individuals and improving leaders. Alternatively, the personal balance sheet is utilized to identify weaknesses, weaknesses that we want to change, and enduring dispositions (traits habits, and behaviors) that get in our way. This tool is meant to provide deep introspection and accountability for ones strengths and weaknesses whether pleasant or not. Meaningful self-reflection that addresses both our good and bad characteristics grant us a starting point in which we can take accountability for ourselves and lead us to a path of personal growth.
My distinctive traits comes in the form of dependability and loyalty. I personally pride myself on being a man of my word and exhibiting loyalty to the people, organizations, and institutions that I believe in. In terms of potential strengths, I believe that I could be better in the department of diplomacy. I am sometimes more aggressive than I should be when it comes to topics that I am passionate about. The passion is admirable, but the approach could be refined. A more tactful approach could be used and is likely to help me in getting the results desired. My enduring dispositions of passion and ambition support me and allow me to be successful now and into the future.
Alternatively, my weaknesses, weaknesses that I want to change, and enduring dispositions that get in my way include self-doubt and pessimism. Although cyclical, I find myself doubting my ability to incite change and lead while also doubting the abilities of others who I depend on to carry out the goals/mission of the organization. The MSLD program has allowed my self-doubt and pessimism to subside substantially. It has allowed me to realize that I am not alone in the areas of self-doubt and pessimistic attitudes. Reading and learning about the failures of others who also experienced self-doubt and pessimism has allowed me to mange my expectations. The tools provided in the MSLD program have allowed me to understand how to incite the change that I want, not only in myself as a leader, but in others.
References
McKee, A., Boyatzis, R. E., & Johnston, F. (2008). Becoming a resonant leader: Develop your
emotional intelligence, renew your relationships, sustain your effectiveness. Boston, MA: Harvard
Business Press.
These assets guide us and provide a frame of reference for what will serve us well as individuals and improving leaders. Alternatively, the personal balance sheet is utilized to identify weaknesses, weaknesses that we want to change, and enduring dispositions (traits habits, and behaviors) that get in our way. This tool is meant to provide deep introspection and accountability for ones strengths and weaknesses whether pleasant or not. Meaningful self-reflection that addresses both our good and bad characteristics grant us a starting point in which we can take accountability for ourselves and lead us to a path of personal growth.
My distinctive traits comes in the form of dependability and loyalty. I personally pride myself on being a man of my word and exhibiting loyalty to the people, organizations, and institutions that I believe in. In terms of potential strengths, I believe that I could be better in the department of diplomacy. I am sometimes more aggressive than I should be when it comes to topics that I am passionate about. The passion is admirable, but the approach could be refined. A more tactful approach could be used and is likely to help me in getting the results desired. My enduring dispositions of passion and ambition support me and allow me to be successful now and into the future.
Alternatively, my weaknesses, weaknesses that I want to change, and enduring dispositions that get in my way include self-doubt and pessimism. Although cyclical, I find myself doubting my ability to incite change and lead while also doubting the abilities of others who I depend on to carry out the goals/mission of the organization. The MSLD program has allowed my self-doubt and pessimism to subside substantially. It has allowed me to realize that I am not alone in the areas of self-doubt and pessimistic attitudes. Reading and learning about the failures of others who also experienced self-doubt and pessimism has allowed me to mange my expectations. The tools provided in the MSLD program have allowed me to understand how to incite the change that I want, not only in myself as a leader, but in others.
References
McKee, A., Boyatzis, R. E., & Johnston, F. (2008). Becoming a resonant leader: Develop your
emotional intelligence, renew your relationships, sustain your effectiveness. Boston, MA: Harvard
Business Press.
Comments
Post a Comment