A500.9.4.RB_MaceRoyce
This course was undoubtedly a great one and one the added value to my education in more ways than one. First, it made be think on an elevated level about my thought processes and helped to make critical thinking a natural part of my everyday routine (work, school, military duty, etc.). Second, it helped me to use action research effectively by forcing me to not just learn about it, but to utilize it, learn from it, and improve upon it.
These pieces of "higher" learning helped me learn a lot about my own learning and where it stood, but it also I improved my overall ability to approach ideas or knowledge with a new set of tools. These tools help me to dissect more easily the assumptions, biases, or overall lack of knowledge that I previously had about a subject or topic. I feel like a completely different thinker.
On a negative note, I was partially not prepared for the amount of course work associated with a graduate program. You always hear about how tough it can be, but you are never fully prepared for it. I had to adjust and ensure I gave myself ample time to complete projects and stay on top of coursework. I would say that the middle of the course is where I started to really figure the course out.
I think I handled the course fairly well and don't have any real recommendations for myself or the university/staff. The class was a great learning experience that sets me up perfectly for future success as a graduate student in the M.S. in Leadership program. Critical thinking is easily the biggest takeaway from this course that will help me across the learning spectrum no matter the topic or issue at hand. What a great course! And the reason that this is probably my shortest blog entry of the course. Ha-ha!
These pieces of "higher" learning helped me learn a lot about my own learning and where it stood, but it also I improved my overall ability to approach ideas or knowledge with a new set of tools. These tools help me to dissect more easily the assumptions, biases, or overall lack of knowledge that I previously had about a subject or topic. I feel like a completely different thinker.
On a negative note, I was partially not prepared for the amount of course work associated with a graduate program. You always hear about how tough it can be, but you are never fully prepared for it. I had to adjust and ensure I gave myself ample time to complete projects and stay on top of coursework. I would say that the middle of the course is where I started to really figure the course out.
I think I handled the course fairly well and don't have any real recommendations for myself or the university/staff. The class was a great learning experience that sets me up perfectly for future success as a graduate student in the M.S. in Leadership program. Critical thinking is easily the biggest takeaway from this course that will help me across the learning spectrum no matter the topic or issue at hand. What a great course! And the reason that this is probably my shortest blog entry of the course. Ha-ha!
Comments
Post a Comment